Friday, July 20, 2007

Chicken Roni Casserole

Chicken Roni Casserole
-Tara

1 C uncooked elbow noodles
1 1/2 C cooked, cubed chicken
1 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 oz Velveeta cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 C milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, and salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 C bread crumbs
1 Tbsp melted margarine

Cook macaroni and drain. In another saucepan combine soup, cheeses, seasonings, milk, and chicken. Heat until cheeses are melted. Add macaroni; turn into 2 qt baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter, sprinkle on top of casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

My Notes
I cooked a box and a half of macaroni noodles and used a 9x13 pan. I also used 8 oz of Velveeta (the entire small box) and 8 oz of sharp cheddar cheese (the whole bag). I don't know how much milk I used, I just added it until it looked like a good consistency. I also melted about 3 Tbsp of butter and added the bread crumbs until it looked right.

Reviews
This was pretty well received. Josh wasn't too big on the cheese thing. Caleb ate all of his. Mischa ate about half. I had seconds, and I'm trying not to do the seconds thing. Perry liked it, too.

No comments: