Monday, July 2, 2007

Tomato, Zucchini, and Squash

This is such a yummy recipe! I was walking through Harry's Market (like Whole Foods Market) one day because I saw that their Ugly Ripe tomatoes were on sale (I've heard about them but had never tried them). There was a guy there making this recipe. It smelled soooo good. But I hate zucchini and squash. Really hate. So I just hung around his stand, torn. I finally gave in, and Oh. My. Gosh. I still hate zucchini and squash in everything else.

Tomato, Zucchini, and Squash

2 Ugly Ripe tomatoes
1 zucchini
1 squash
3 Tbsp olive oil
Pinch of crushed garlic

Chop tomatoes, zucchini, and squash to decently uniform size. Saute everything together until fork tender.

Serve as a side dish or on a bed of rice.

My Notes
I put a spoonful of minced garlic in there, and usually end up sprinkling a little bit of garlic powder, too.

1 comment:

Real said...

Really? Because I HATE zuchini and squash. Like it's enough to make me gag. My kids hate it. My husband loves it. And since I do almost all the shopping and most of the cooking, he never gets it.

So really? Is it worth it to try?