Monday, June 25, 2007

Lemon Sheet Cake

Lemon Sheet Cake
-Taste of Home

1 package (18 1/4 oz) lemon cake mix
4 eggs
1 can (15 3/4 oz) lemon pie filling
1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

In a large mixing bowl, beat the cake mix and eggs until well blended. Fold in pie filling. Spread into a greased 15x10x1 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator.

Yield: 30-35 servings

My Notes
I did this in a glass baking dish, and it took close to 30 minutes to bake. I think I'm going to add a splash of lemon juice to the frosting next time, too.

Reviews
Didn't last too long. Caleb had 2 pieces the first night- he said the first piece we gave him wasn't big enough, lol.

1 comment:

Real said...

I love Taste of HOme magazine! My midwife gave me a subscription for Christmas a few years ago.

And of course Country and REminisce!